1. Chivas Regal release their very first blended malt: Ultis. It is made up of five Speyside whiskies, to reflect the five master blenders since 1909. Read more here..
2. Limestone Branch Distillery release Yellowstone 2016 Limited Edition Kentucky Straight Bourbon. This is made up of two rye-mash bourbons, one 12YO and one 7YO, finished in toasted wine barrels. Read more here.
3. The Whisky Exchange Whisky Show took place in London. The theme of the show was “Masterpieces”. Read more here.
|Chivas Regal Ultis|
4. That Boutique-y Whisky Company 4 new bottlings.are now available to buy. These include Slyrs 3 Year Old, FEW 2 Year Old, Blended Whisky #2 18 Year Old and Blended Whisky #3 23 Year Old. Read more here.
5. Utah High West Distillery in America was bought for $160 million by Constellation Brands, the company behind Corona, Svedka Vodka and other big brands. Read more here.
6. Fusion Whisky, the company that released the ‘world’s first’ Scottish-Japanese blend The Glover has announced a Scotch-Indian Fusion! Working with Indian whisky producer Amrut, we can expect to see it released in the next few weeks – so you may have found a new stocking filler (admittedly, an expensive stocking filler). Read more here.
|The Glover Range|