1. Parker Beam, sixth generation master blender for Heaven Hill, has sadly passed away at the age of 75 after a long battle with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Read more here.
2. Donegal, Ireland, is to welcome its first distillery for 175 years after full planning permission is granted to Shliabh Liag Distillery. Read more here.
3. Chivas Regal announces the launch of its 2017 Masters Competition, with the final to take place in Toyko. Read more here.
4. Black Cow vodka, which is the first vodka made entirely from milk, will open its Dorset based distillery to the public April 2017. Read more here.
5. Roust, maker of Zubrowka and Russian Standard vodka, has filed for bankruptcy in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court. Read more here.
6. The U.K’s most northernly mainland distillery, Dunnet Bay, has released The Lassies Toast Gin in celebration of Burns Night on 25th January. Read more here.
7. Diageo has launched three new Johnnie Walker ranges through its brand in Singapore, to celebrate the Lunar New Year 2017. Read more here.
8. Highland distillery Dalmore has released a 50 year old single malt Scotch whisky, priced at £50,000, to celebrate master distiller Richard Paterson’s 50 years in the industry. Read more here.
9. Drinks giant Pernod Ricard has added 3 whiskies to its Hong Kong portfolio, in a move to bolster its premium spirits offering in the region. Read more here.
10. The Remy Cointreau Group has closed its transaction to acquire 100% of France’s Domaine des Hautes Glaces whisky distillery for an undisclosed sum. Read more here.