1st – 7th:
1. World’s highest outdoor whisky bar – Alfresco 64 – opens on 64th floor of skyscraper in Bangkok, and will serve an exclusive Chivas Regal blend. Read more here.
2. A collection of Macallan whiskies – the Lalique Legacy Collection – set a world record for price for any lot of whisky sold at auction, after selling for $993,000. Read more here.
|Macallan Lalique Legacy Collection|
3. The fourth edition of Fusion Whisky and Adelphi’s Scotch-Japanese fusion blend The Glover is launched. Read more here.
4. New English whisky distillery Princetown receives planning approval, and will become the highest whisky distillery in the UK. Read more here.
6. Benromach unveils 41 year old single malt whisky. Read more here.
7. Brown-Forman unveils Slane Irish whiskey. Read more here.
8th – 15th:
1. Highland Park announce Rebus30, in honour of 30th anniversary of fictional crime detective John Rebus. Read more here.
|Highland Park Rebus30|
2. Glenlivet launch three new single casks exclusively for travel retail, including Fore Burn 19 year old sherry cask, Watercairn 18 year old bourbon cask and Tarland cask strength. Read more here.
3. Basil Hayden launches straight Rye whisky. Read more here.
|Basil Hayden Rye|
2. Ian Macleod have revamped premium blends Pig’s Nose and Sheep Dip Read more here.
|Redesigned Sheep Dip & Pig’s Nose|
3. The UK wine industry has announced it will be planting 1 million vines this, contributing £50 million to the UK economy. Read more here.
4. Kilchoman releases it’s seventh edition of 100% Islay bottling. Read more here.
5. Rye whiskey producer Sagamore Spirit Distillery have opened their Maryland distillery. Read more here.
|Sagamore Spirit Distillery|
7. William Grant & Sons have purchased American Tuthilltown Spirits. Read more here.
8. The number of English distilleries has risen by 413% in 6 years. Read more here.
9. Mackmyra opens an experimental distillery. Read more here.
10. Diageo will cut 105 Scottish jobs. Read more here.
24th – 30th:
1. There are plan for the first whisky distillery in Derbyshire. Read more here.
|Derbyshire’s First Whisky Distillery|
2. Counterfeit market could reach US $2.3 trillion. Read more here.
3. Johnnie Walker grows Blenders’ Batch portfolio. Read more here.
|Johnnie Walker Bourbon & Rye Cask|
5. Glen Moray have new additions to their range. Read more here.
|New Glen Moray Bottlings|
6. Whyte & MacKay have launched blended malt whisky brand Shackleton. Read more here.