1st – 8th:
1. Berry Bros & Rudd have sold The Glenrothes single malt whisky back to Edrington after seven years ownship. Read more here.
2. Eastside Distilling has purchased controlling stake in producer Big Bottom Distilling. Read more here.
|Oregon-based Big Bottom Distilling|
3. The Scotch Whisky Association sets its sights on Canada following the CETA. Read more here.
4. Bombay Sapphire forced to recall 77% alcohol gin in Canada. Read more here.
|Bombay Sapphire recall|
5. Simferopol distillery in the Ukraine has been fined over Johnnie Walker ‘whiskye’ rip-off. Read more here.
6. The UK based Wine and Spirit Trade Association has published a General Election Manifesto. Read more here.
|Highland Park 14 yo, single cask.|
7. Highland Park has unveiled a Heathrow airport exclusive whisky. Read more here.
8. Hendricks gin launches ‘quinnated’ gin Orbium. Read more here.
|Hendrick Orbium – from a parallel universe.|
9. Teeling have release their first bottling of the Brabazon series. Read more here.
|The One Pedro Ximinez finish|
|Ki No Tea (left), Kin No Bi (right)|
5. The Dram Team co-founder, Chris Borrow, is set to launch a whisky festival in Bristol. Read more here. Read more here.
6. Diaego have been hit with a £107 million ‘Google Tax’. Read more here.
7. American rye whisky producer WhistlePig, has been granted $25 million in credit. Read more here.
8. Tanqueray launches a London gin train – for £450 a ticket. Read more here.
|Deerness gin (left) and vodka (right)|
9. Deerness Distillery launches its inaugural Sea Glass gin and Into the Wild vodka later this month. Read more here.
10. UK supermarket chain Asda will stock The Lakes Distillery’s vodka, gin and whisky in 18 stores throughout the north west. Read more here.
|Theo Fennel’s £18,000 tequila short serving set.|
11. British jeweller Theo Fennel has created an £18,000 tequila shot serving set. Read more here.
12. Beam Suntory have confirmed plans to release a premium Japanese gin. Read more here.
|Crown Royal’s new wine barrel finish|
13. The oldest official bottling of Brora is to auctioned off at Bonhams. Read more here.
14. Crown Royal launched a new wine barrel finish. Read more here.
1. Hayman’s Gin has returned to London. Read more here.
2. Lidl has released a trio of £17.49 Scottish single malts. Read more here.
|Lidl’s new Islay (Left), Highland (Centre) and Speyside (Right) single malts.|
3. Virginia Distillery Co. have launched their cask purchase programme. Read more here.
4. Wine and spirit merchants Berry Bros & Rudd have opened a second London store. Read more here.